Wednesday 30 October 2013

Desires by AD

Psalm 42: 1-2
As the deer pants for streams of water,
    so my soul pants for you, my God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
    When can I go and meet with God?



Each of us are created with a innate desire to find our creator and love Him. Often times we try fulfill this part of us by searching for things with only a temporary fulfillment.  Things like, food, clothes, money, school, work, friends, relationships. But in all these things our heart is not 100% satisfied, which leads to search further.
The above verse uses the deer as an example to illustrate our souls  desire to long  for God.  When a deer is running through the forest and it is hot or humid and is being hunted, it begins to want and need water.  And when it finds water it begins to gulp it down until satisfied.
Often times my heart longs for other things and I begin to feel distant from God. That is when I turn to the Bible and read this verse and make it my prayer. I ask God to increase my desire for Him or if I desire Him I pray for more of His presence. No  matter where you are in your spiritual walk this verse applies.
Take a moment to reflect in this verse and pray for God to put inside of you a desire to long after Him or increase the desire that you do have for Him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment