Friday 13 September 2013

The Lord is my Shepherd- A Psalm of David



1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  2. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.  3. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

We all need guidance in our lives. Imagine a world where anyone can drive in any direction without any rules or purpose. The roads would be very dangerous and messy.
The same applies to our spiritual lives. Imagine living a life without rules, direction or purpose. Like the roads, its a dangerous and messy life. We need a map and rules to follow to reach our destination, safely. 

Like King David knew when he wrote the Psalm, the lord will Shepard us through life. If we follow his word (the bible), we will find the rules of living life the right way, the direction to follow and the purpose of the journey.

He will give us rest and peace within and he will restore our souls to continue for his glory.
Today, take a moment to think of what you are doing for Gods glory. Are you letting the Lord guide you or are you trying to create your own destination?

Read the rest of Psalm 23 and learn how King David conquered fear and built his confidence through his faith.


1 comment:

  1. I just want to encourage you guys to leave comments, questions, ideas or just a hi:-). Innocent

    ReplyDelete